Welcome to the PE and school sport section of our website. Pupils, parents, carers and staff know how important physical education, physical activity and sport is to us here at Durham Trinity School & Sports College and developing a healthy active lifestyle, we understand the importance of how physical activity can have a positive impact on a pupils mental health and emotional well being and we would like to share our ongoing journey as a school with you. Here you will find information on a range of Youth Sport Trust projects, sports events and after school clubs we currently offer as well as photographs of our pupils in action(this section will be kept up to date with our latest activities and achievements.
Durham Trinity School and Sports College is a lead inclusion school representing Durham County Council and the Youth Sport Trust
Our focus as a Specialist Lead School includes:
- To act as a centre of excellence in Sport, delivering high quality, fully inclusive P.E and School Sport.
- To act as role models within the Local Authority delivering high quality, fully inclusive P.E and School sport.
- To promote the impact that physical activity can have on a pupils mental health and emotional well being.
- To provide guidance and support to pupils and teachers in Durham County Primary and Secondary school P.E so that every child has the opportunity to take part in high quality P.E.
- To act as a leader in offering opportunities for every pupil regardless of their ability.
- To improve the standard of teaching to promote the delivery of high quality P.E and school sport across the County.
- To act on behalf of the Youth Sport Trust delivering fully inclusive opportunities in the School Games, to promote the school games.
- To work alongside the Youth Sport Trust delivering bespoke training, to deliver the inclusive PE course(IPE).
- To promote suitable staff development within school and across the Authority.
- To develop the Motor Activity Training Programme (MATP) focusing on the development and inclusion of young people with complex needs linked to Special Olympics UK.
- Working with partner schools locally, nationally and internationally to promote collaborative learning.
- Using the power of sport to drive forward whole school improvement.
- To provide leadership in Outreach work as a Special School with Sports Specialism, to focus on girls sport, improving the education of university students to be improved practitioners in the delivery of physical activity and school sport with young people with special educational needs.
- Working with wider community to support community cohesion, active lifestyles, family learning and extended services.
- To promote the School Games.
To navigate and find what you are looking for please use the menu to the right of this page.
If you would like any additional information included in these pages, please speak to a member of the PE department and we will try our best to make it happen.