Welcome to the PE and Sport section of the website. Pupils, parents, carers and staff know how important PE and Sport is to us here at Durham Trinity School & Sports College and we would like to share our experiences with you. Here you will find information on a range of projects, events and afterschool clubs as well as pictures and videos of our pupils in action.
Sports Specialism at Durham Trinity School and Sports College
Our focus as a Specialist School includes:
- To act as a centre of excellence in Sport, delivering high quality, fully inclusive P.E and School Sport.
- To act as role models within the Local Authority delivering high quality, fully inclusive P.E and School sport.
- To provide guidance and support to pupils and teachers in Durham County Primary and Secondary school P.E so that every child has the opportunity to take part in high quality P.E.
- To act as a leader in offering opportunities for every pupil regardless of their ability.
- To improve the standard of teaching to promote the delivery of high quality P.E and school sport across the County.
- To act on behalf of the Youth Sports Trust delivering fully inclusive opportunities.
- To work alongside the Youth Sports Trust delivering bespoke training.
- To promote suitable staff development within school and across the Authority.
- To work with the Youth Sports Trust delivering a Global Citizenship dimension.
- Working with partner schools locally, nationally and internationally to promote collaborative learning.
- Using the power of sport to drive forward whole school improvement.
- To develop Science in School as a second specialist subject, providing links to Framwellgate School Durham which is a Specialist Science College.
- To provide leadership in Outreach work as a Special School with Sports Specialism.
- To work with the over 65’s in Helen McCardle Care Homes – Intergenerational work, incorporating physical activity playing boccia, new age Kurling and socialising with the residents. See Community Links Section for further information.
- To provide high quality dedicated and inclusive opportunities for young people with Autistic Spectrum disorder to take part in sporting opportunities, accredited courses and leadership opportunities.
- Working with wider community to support community cohesion, active lifestyles, family learning and extended services.
To navigate and find what you are looking for please use the menu to the right of this page.
If you would like any additional information included in these pages, please speak to a member of the PE department and we will try our best to make it happen.